Monday, March 2, 2015

#1 Self Introduction


My name is Kao, Ming-Yang, a lively student raised in an ordinary family in Xizhi District, New Taipei City. There are four people in my family, including my mother, my father, an younger brother, and me. Since I was young, my parents have told us to be frugal and cherish everything we have. Whenever I have any difficulties in my life, they always encourage me with a smile and giving  me a hug, which gives me strength and turns me into a positive, diligent person.



Motivation to major in English:



The importance of English:

        English is one of the most important languages in the whole world. Many schools now demand their students to have English certifications, like TOEIC and GEPT. What’ more, once you go abroad to travel or to study, the first language you communicate with people is definitely English.


Academic training:

    When I was a sophomore in high school, there was a course named project learning. Its content was mainly about how to carry out a research. We followed the steps, including finding out the problems, coming up with a topic, collecting the data, analyzing the data, and drawing a conclusion. And the topic of our group was Practicea traditional event of Shilin High School. During the research, I learned lots of professional knowledge and sharpened my writing and speaking skills. What’s more, I realized that sometimes a group is better than a person alone. Since then, the relationship between my classmates and I were closer.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Simon! I'm Eva~
    I'm from Taipei, too~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm Ruby, nice to meet you >______^

    ReplyDelete
  3. How long is your greeting haha^ ^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea of "cherishing everything we have", Simon. It seems you were well-trained in the project learning class in high school. That will give you a good base when you need to do academic research in the future. Good for you! And yes, benefits of group work are quite obsvious.

    ReplyDelete